Amy at Raising Arrows recently had a nifty giveaway from a company that turns your family mission statement into a professional looking refrigerator magnet.
I’ve never blogged our family mission statement, but Ken and I did write one up a year or so ago. It’s still a work in progress — like we are!
** Love God; love one another. **
- We will love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our mind, and with all our strength.
- We will choose to enjoy and appreciate each other every day.
- We will show love and honor for each other in word and deed: being considerate, encouraging, kind, courteous, caring, and positive.
- We will honor the Lord in the use of all He has entrusted to us: our time, our talents, and our finances.
- We will show respect to God and each other by working together to maintain a clean and orderly home.
- We will choose to be content, and will take captive any thoughts to the contrary.
- We will nourish our spirits through exercise, time in nature, and most importantly, time alone with God.
Of course, this is our ideal, but not necessarily how things actually go in our home most of the time. It’s something we can aspire to, though, and as I’ve typed it out here, I realize that it is doing NO good hidden in one of my many notebooks; it needs to be out where we can see it! If I don’t order one of those lovely magnets, I think I’ll print it on pretty paper, frame it, and put it somewhere we’ll all see it on a regular basis.
Wife, mama, homeschooler, dog-wrangler. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.