A while back, the leader of my homeschool support group handed out a list of prayers for our homeschool. Since then, I have added and tweaked my list — and I believe all of these apply to parenting in general as well.
Feel free to copy and/or print these prayers, if you’d like.
In my own list, I have the scripture printed out after the prayer, but to keep this a little shorter (and let you use your own favorite translation), I’ve just included the scripture reference here.
Prayers for parenting and homeschool:
- Father, prepare my heart to pour out to You like water for the lives of my children. ~ Lamentations 2:19
- I pray that Your holy word would be on my heart and that I would teach it diligently to my children. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6
- Help me, Father, not to provoke my children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. ~ Ephesians 6:4
- I pray that my strength in parenting and homeschooling would come from You, Lord. ~ Philippians 4:13
- May Your power may be perfected in my weakness, and may Your power may dwell in me. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- May I remember (on the difficult days) that I have hope in You, that Your lovingkindness and compassions never fail, that Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness to me! You are my portion and I have hope in You. Help me wait for You to work, to seek You earnestly instead of taking matters into my own hands. ~ Lamentations 3:21-26
- Lord, I pray I would have a steadfast mind and that You would keep me in perfect peace as I homeschool and as I parent, trusting You to do the work. ~ Isaiah 26:3
- As decisions need to be made, I pray I will hear Your voice clearly telling me which way to walk. ~ Isaiah 30:21
- I pray, Lord, that You would build my marriage, my family, and my homeschool — and that I would not try to do so on my own. ~ Psalm 127:1
- I pray that I will abide in You as I homeschool and as I parent. ~ John 15:5
- I pray that I will tell my children about You and praise You every day! ~ Psalm 78:4
- Father, please equip my children, through Your word, to do every good work You call them to. ~ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- May my children learn to work heartily at whatever task is before them, as something done for the Lord, and not for men — and may I set the example for doing this myself! ~ Colossians 3:23
If you’d like to keep up with my new posts, please consider subscribing; you can get all new posts delivered directly to your email inbox!
Wife, mama, homeschooler, dog-wrangler. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and strength coach. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.