A while back, the leader of my homeschool support group handed out a list of prayers for our homeschool. Since then, I have added and tweaked my list — and I believe all of these apply to parenting in general as well.
Feel free to copy and/or print these prayers, if you’d like.
In my own list, I have the scripture printed out after the prayer, but to keep this a little shorter (and let you use your own favorite translation), I’ve just included the scripture reference here.
Prayers for parenting and homeschool:
- Father, prepare my heart to pour out to You like water for the lives of my children. ~ Lamentations 2:19
- I pray that Your holy word would be on my heart and that I would teach it diligently to my children. ~ Deuteronomy 6:6
- Help me, Father, not to provoke my children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. ~ Ephesians 6:4
- I pray that my strength in parenting and homeschooling would come from You, Lord. ~ Philippians 4:13
- May Your power may be perfected in my weakness, and may Your power may dwell in me. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- May I remember (on the difficult days) that I have hope in You, that Your lovingkindness and compassions never fail, that Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness to me! You are my portion and I have hope in You. Help me wait for You to work, to seek You earnestly instead of taking matters into my own hands. ~ Lamentations 3:21-26
- Lord, I pray I would have a steadfast mind and that You would keep me in perfect peace as I homeschool and as I parent, trusting You to do the work. ~ Isaiah 26:3
- As decisions need to be made, I pray I will hear Your voice clearly telling me which way to walk. ~ Isaiah 30:21
- I pray, Lord, that You would build my marriage, my family, and my homeschool — and that I would not try to do so on my own. ~ Psalm 127:1
- I pray that I will abide in You as I homeschool and as I parent. ~ John 15:5
- I pray that I will tell my children about You and praise You every day! ~ Psalm 78:4
- Father, please equip my children, through Your word, to do every good work You call them to. ~ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- May my children learn to work heartily at whatever task is before them, as something done for the Lord, and not for men — and may I set the example for doing this myself! ~ Colossians 3:23
If you’d like to keep up with my new posts, please consider subscribing; you can get all new posts delivered directly to your email inbox!
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.