“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.” – Audrey Hepburn
Audrey is right, of course. But I sure to feel better when my hair looks cute. Just had it cut today; it was feeling way too long for this short-hair girl.
from around the web
- How to get out of that funk :: Yes! This is so true; even if I don’t feel like working out, going for a walk, etc, I feel so much better mentally when I do. Even just going outside a few minutes can do the trick!
- Why I put my closet on a diet :: Did you know actress Drew Barrymore is a darn good blogger, and practical to boot? Love her advice in this post on simplifying.
- The ultimate guide on how to not care about what other people think of you :: Oh, this is hard for me. “At some point or another, we’re tempted to base our actions and decisions on how we anticipate other people will perceive us. As a result, we don’t always do the things we want to do, because we’re afraid of what others will think.”
- The most underrated sound in our society :: “The benefits of silence and solitude in a noisy world are significant and life-giving. In quiet moments of reflection, we remove the expectation and influence of others.”
- Blue hair at 35 :: Continuing on the theme of why we care what people think and why we do what we do, I love this post about rockin’ whatever hairstyle you want, whatever age you are.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
right here at home
Springlike days have made me a happy girl this week, and given us all plenty of time outside. We had more wet rainy days, too, but at least we aren’t waiting for snow to melt like some of our friends in the north! Also: skip counting is way more fun on a trampoline.
The girls both tested in Choi Kwang Do for their next belt; that means Kathryn has earned the rank of orange belt and Scout earned her yellow belt. Hurray for them both!
Piper turned one year old! We don’t know her real birthday since she was found as a stray, but the vet estimated the month of March and we picked St. Patrick’s Day so it’s easy to remember. In obedience class this week we worked on meet-and-greets for people and dogs. It still amuses me what a wide variety of dogs there are in class, from a tiny mutt that probably doesn’t weigh 8 pounds to a big purebred German Shepherd. Piper is right in the middle size-wise.
Kathryn has been creating, as usual. She has two custom etsy orders to do, and she finished a beautiful crochet doll who even has jointed arms, legs, and neck! See photos.
Have a lovely weekend, friends.
* * * * *
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.