“A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck.”
– James A. Garfield
I don’t put much stock in the idea of luck. Most of what we call luck can also be looked at as blessings — and I believe what we do (or don’t) accomplish is based upon hard work rather than “luck.” All that being said, I have a thing for finding four-leaf clovers; my mom and my grandmother had the same knack for them as I do. This one is my first of the year.
from around the web
- 5 Tips for Running a Little Free Library :: I am absolutely having one of these in front of my cottage near the sea!
- Dear Kids: This is What I Want You to Know About For Better or Worse :: “The worst times often become the best when we travel them together.”
- What my Mom would do: drink Tab and lock us outside :: loving this post from Jen Hatmaker on “bubbled-wrapped” kids in modern parenting.
- Warriors :: “God created us differently, with intention. But He also created us exactly the same — desperately in need of His presence and love.”
- Keeping a Friendship with Your Husband :: from a while back, a guest post of mine on Sheila Gregoire’s blog, one of my favorite sites for marriage-related topics.
right here at home
Homeschool and family happenings this week:
The boy has a thing for rocks. When he isn’t making plans to be a firefighter (or a police man, or both at the same time), he wants to be a geologist. Either way, he’s eagerly anticipating the day he reads well enough to read ALL the books about rocks.
Spring = awesomeness. Everything is green and glorious. (I’m willfully overlooking mud and resulting muddy dogs.) It does us all so much good to get outside.
Kathryn’s latest amigurumi crochet project. Seriously. I can’t get over it.
Ken and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with a lunch date at a neat little restaurant in an old train station. We had lunch on the porch since the weather was springlike perfection, then wandered around afterwards and did a little shopping. Just the kind of low-key date we enjoy.
Most of the week, I stuffed my brain full of ALL THE THINGS for my personal fitness trainer certification test. I took it this morning and I’m delighted to report I passed!!! I wasn’t sure this mama-brain would be able to retain everything I needed to know but YAY!!!! Now I can dive into my library book stash; I wouldn’t let myself til after my test so as not to fill up necessary brain cells with non-fitness related topics. 😉
Enjoy the weekend, friends!
* * * * *
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.