“Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.” -Caroline Knapp
It’s a good thing Piper is so stinkin’ cute, because I spent Thursday morning fixing walls she ate during her puppyhood!
from around the web
- Why so many kids can’t sit still :: The takeaway for parents, whether your kids are homeschooled or in traditional school: “In order for children to learn, they need to be able to pay attention. In order to pay attention, we need to let them move.”
- Shirt bib :: As soon as I can get Ken to part with a couple of his t-shirts, I want to try making a few of these for the grandbaby! Only requires fairly simple sewing skills, so I think I can do it.
- A week of boring: your how-to guide :: It’s crazy how hard it is for most of us to leave time for margin! In this post, Sharla breaks how to make boring work for a busy family.
- Homemade Pizza Tutorial :: This is a recipe I think I can actually pull off and stay sane. (I really hate complicated recipes.) Bonus: Jen is hilarious.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- Bare feet and free summer offers :: These offers are worth your time to check out. Aimed at homeschoolers but some would be great for any family with kids.
- A few of these “big dreams” of mine :: I keep mentioning them, but until now, I’ve been purposely vague because sharing is the scariest part of dreaming big.
right here at home
I decided our homeschooling needed a full stop (that’s another great link right there) so there’s purposely not much happening around here this week.
Enjoy the weekend, y’all!