“Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.” -Caroline Knapp
It’s a good thing Piper is so stinkin’ cute, because I spent Thursday morning fixing walls she ate during her puppyhood!
from around the web
- Why so many kids can’t sit still :: The takeaway for parents, whether your kids are homeschooled or in traditional school: “In order for children to learn, they need to be able to pay attention. In order to pay attention, we need to let them move.”
- Shirt bib :: As soon as I can get Ken to part with a couple of his t-shirts, I want to try making a few of these for the grandbaby! Only requires fairly simple sewing skills, so I think I can do it.
- A week of boring: your how-to guide :: It’s crazy how hard it is for most of us to leave time for margin! In this post, Sharla breaks how to make boring work for a busy family.
- Homemade Pizza Tutorial :: This is a recipe I think I can actually pull off and stay sane. (I really hate complicated recipes.) Bonus: Jen is hilarious.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- Bare feet and free summer offers :: These offers are worth your time to check out. Aimed at homeschoolers but some would be great for any family with kids.
- A few of these “big dreams” of mine :: I keep mentioning them, but until now, I’ve been purposely vague because sharing is the scariest part of dreaming big.
right here at home
I decided our homeschooling needed a full stop (that’s another great link right there) so there’s purposely not much happening around here this week.
Enjoy the weekend, y’all!
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.