“Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You’ll find what you need to furnish it: memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.”
Though we plan to sell this house in the foreseeable future, it’s doggone cute and I’ll appreciate it for however long we live here. We’re having it painted next week!
from around the web
- 5 Things Foster/Adoptive Parents Shouldn’t Do :: Whether you’re already a foster or adoptive parent, or just thinking about it, these are good tips.
- The small, happy life :: Many people set high-achieving goals, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But some are called to a “small font purpose.”
- Fat Shaming vs Body Acceptance :: “Where do we draw the line between telling people ‘love who you are, no matter what’ and ‘you are killing yourself with your lifestyle choices, and you need to change?”
- Shark Pencil Case Tutorial :: Quite possibly the cutest pencil case ever.
- Get stuff done with a bullet journal :: I’m playing around with making some variation of this work for me. If you use a bullet journal, I’d love to know how it’s working for you.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- Fair Trade Friday: pretty goods, great cause :: If you like pretty things, and if you want to do good in the world whenever you can, then you’ll love Fair Trade Friday as much as I do.
- And here’s a throwback to Brandon and Diane’s wedding, since they celebrated their 3rd anniversary this week!
right here at home
Our annual passes to the Georgia Aquarium run out soon, so we went again this week to squeeze in one more trip! We might still do a homeschool day again this fall, but those are discounted rates that include admission; I didn’t do one with the younger kids last year but Kathryn and I thoroughly enjoyed the high school level event we did last year.
Enjoy your weekend, and for those here in the States, Happy 4th of July!
*Linking up with Kris’s weekly wrap-up.
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.