“The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” -Madeleine L’Engle
Kathryn turned 15 this week, but part of me still thinks of her as this funny little thoughtful girl.
from around the web:
- Why are we so distracted all the time? :: Sometimes we crave distraction, even if we don’t admit it to ourselves.
- Motherhood, Screened Off :: This put into words much of the “why” I’ve been feeling in regards to my own screen usage.
- About asking for help: It’s not a 4-letter word :: Are you afraid to ask for help when you need it? If so, you’re not the only one.
- Six Steps to a Minimalist iPhone :: I’ve toyed with getting rid of my iPhone entirely, but there are very few decent non-smart cell phone options out there these days. So I’m adopting these idea for now.
- Ten Reasons to Start Line-Drying Laundry :: Do you do this? Pollen is really my only concern, so curious how other folks handle that aspect of it.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em!):
- Social Media facade :: Inspired by a bit of insta-drama.
- 100 Shoebox Ideas for a Girl :: An older post applicable now because Collection Week is really not that far off!
right here at home:
I’m delighted to have this photo with Ken’s sweet godly grandparents. This was from the day we went down to their house to get a five-generation photo. Such a special thing!
This week has been more about life skills than anything else. Including some time for Kathryn behind the wheel after she earned her learner’s permit!
Meanwhile, our house is like Goldilocks. Everyone who has seen it likes it, but it seems to be either too big or too small for everyone. Seriously, all FIFTEEN times it’s been shown in the last three weeks. But somewhere out there is the just right family, so I’m praying they show up soon.
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.