“Where thou art, that is home.” – Emily Dickinson
We made here safe and sound, and I’m slowly emerging from ALL the boxes! More happy: the slipper socks I found at Walmart to keep my feet cushioned and cozy on the tile floors throughout the house.
from around the web:
- Maybe we should stop coddling our kids so much :: “There’s nothing wrong with serving our families–it’s a calling and an honor. But maybe, at some point, giving them too much, is actually teaching them how to be great receivers and lazy givers?”
- Introvert Mom Surrounded by Children: 10 simple tips for staying sane :: Oh, these are good for moms like me.
- FREE Inside Out Discussion Guide :: A great downloadable guide for your family to accompany the movie.
- Practicing stillness and silence :: Is this as hard for you as it is for me? Hard as it is, it’s absolutely necessary for me to function as a kind person.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em!):
- Our new house: a sneak peek! :: I shared a bit of our house last week before I’d even seen it for myself!
- Neighbor Gifts: Ultimate Gift Ideas :: It’s not too early to start planning for the holidays!
right here at home:
The night before we loaded up the moving truck, some dear friends threw us an impromptu going away party. I love these people!
Moving day(s) turned crazy. I’d rather jab a sharp stick in my eye than move long distance again. But we got through it, and all survived the somewhat rainy drive. In fact, as Kathryn (and the dogs) and I drove into North Carolina, we literally drove under the arch of a rainbow.
The dogs have adjusted better than I anticipated. The little kids are going to need more structure ASAP, which is why I’ve been so determined to get things unpacked and get the house settled.
Kathryn took a spill on her bike the second day we were here, which put a bit of a damper on her activities for a few days, but we’re all doing well — and the scenery and salt air sure do help.
Wife, mama, homeschooler, dog-wrangler. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.