“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – ee cummings
This boy keeps us laughing. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not — but either way, he provides a whole lot of entertainment. This week, we celebrated his 6th birthday!
from around the web
- Kenyan grandmother at school with her great-great-grandchildren :: The moral of the story: there’s no excuse not to keep on learning, no matter what your age!
- In praise of slow decision-making :: I needed to read this. Because I’m that J-personality plan maker, but thankfully, Ken is more in-the-moment. Which means we’re a great team.
- Parenting and Adoption – Year 10 :: Whether you’re an adoptive family or not, parenting kids through the tween years is tricky business. A thoughtful read.
- Wood burned photo frame DIY :: I’m always excited about a nifty, realistically-doable crafty project, and this fits the bill. Great gift idea, too!
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- An announcement :: If you missed this one, GO READ IT RIGHT NOW!
- Homeschool Festival at Biltmore Estate :: a throwback because I’m feeling sentimental and because it was pretty much the best field trip ever.
right here at home
Kathryn and Scout spent hours poking around DK’s new educational site. So much to learn there! It’s geared for ages 7-12, but could go a couple of years on either end of that. Kathryn also introduced Scout to kidsastronomy.com since it goes along with what Scout has been doing in one of her weekly enrichment classes.
We had a birthday dog this week, too; Daisy turned 8!
Piper started obedience classes, and I’m happy to report she was not the worst-behaved dog in class. I registered for my personal trainer test (next month!) and did my CPR re-certification class since it’s required before I can test. The weather threatened snow and public schools shut down for two days just in case — but all we got was cold rain. Later in the week we did see snow flurries; nothing stuck but it’s been way too cold for this girl!
Wife, mama, homeschooler, dog-wrangler. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.