Before I got serious about getting fit, I’d only bother to put on workout clothes if I was going to the gym, an exercise class, or at least on a walk; anytime I planned to exercise at home, I did it in my pj’s.
Not wearing workout clothes told my brain I didn’t need to workout — so I’d often skip it. On the occasions I did exercise, I didn’t give it my best effort because who likes to work up a sweat in pajamas? Besides, wearing non-workout clothes while working out just isn’t comfortable.
Recognizing my own weaknesses helps me set myself up for success instead of caving to my lazy tendencies. So now I put workout clothes on in the morning, whether or not I’m working out first thing because once I put regular clothes on, I know I won’t work out that day.
Cute workout tanks (some of my faves):
- Power, Love, Self-discipline from Cross Training Couture
- #NOEXCUSES tank on etsy
- Because my Body is a Temple (or one of these tanks) from Cross Training Couture
- I flexed and the sleeves fell off: I showed this one to a fit gal pal of mine (who really does have some “guns”), and she suggested we both get one and pose together to show that “fit” comes in a variety of sizes!
- Burpees: 0 people like this: because it’s true! Though I am happy to say I can actually do burpees now!
- Wonder Woman sleeveless shirt from UnderArmour. (That one is no longer available but you could try this one.)
- #GYMselfie tank makes me giggle. 😉
- Though she be but little, she is fierce: because I’ll always be little, but I’m getting stronger!
When workout clothes are cute, I have even more incentive to put them on, which gives me more incentive to workout, which starts a happy little cycle of me getting more fit. A new workout tank (or outfit) also makes a great reward when I hit a milestone; if I pass my personal trainer certification test coming up soon, I think I’ll buy a couple of these to celebrate!
Looking for more reasonably priced, cute workout clothes? I’ve found great deals at Old Navy, TJ Maxx, and Target. Any more places I should check out?
What helps YOU with exercise motivation?
Wife, mama, homeschooler, dog-wrangler. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.