Before I got serious about getting fit, I’d only bother to put on workout clothes if I was going to the gym, an exercise class, or at least on a walk; anytime I planned to exercise at home, I did it in my pj’s.
Not wearing workout clothes told my brain I didn’t need to workout — so I’d often skip it. On the occasions I did exercise, I didn’t give it my best effort because who likes to work up a sweat in pajamas? Besides, wearing non-workout clothes while working out just isn’t comfortable.
Recognizing my own weaknesses helps me set myself up for success instead of caving to my lazy tendencies. So now I put workout clothes on in the morning, whether or not I’m working out first thing because once I put regular clothes on, I know I won’t work out that day.
Cute workout tanks (some of my faves):
- Power, Love, Self-discipline from Cross Training Couture
- #NOEXCUSES tank on etsy
- Because my Body is a Temple (or one of these tanks) from Cross Training Couture
- I flexed and the sleeves fell off: I showed this one to a fit gal pal of mine (who really does have some “guns”), and she suggested we both get one and pose together to show that “fit” comes in a variety of sizes!
- Burpees: 0 people like this: because it’s true! Though I am happy to say I can actually do burpees now!
- Wonder Woman sleeveless shirt from UnderArmour. (That one is no longer available but you could try this one.)
- #GYMselfie tank makes me giggle. 😉
- Though she be but little, she is fierce: because I’ll always be little, but I’m getting stronger!
When workout clothes are cute, I have even more incentive to put them on, which gives me more incentive to workout, which starts a happy little cycle of me getting more fit. A new workout tank (or outfit) also makes a great reward when I hit a milestone; if I pass my personal trainer certification test coming up soon, I think I’ll buy a couple of these to celebrate!
Looking for more reasonably priced, cute workout clothes? I’ve found great deals at Old Navy, TJ Maxx, and Target. Any more places I should check out?
What helps YOU with exercise motivation?
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.