“Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
These orange daylilies are a happy birthday gift that keeps on giving. I didn’t get them for my birthday — they are hand-me-downs from a sweet neighbor who, I suspect, is likely tending a lovely garden in heaven — but they bloom on or near my birthday every year.
from around the web
- How to let your husband be a great dad :: Fathering looks different than mothering, and that’s okay. In fact, it’s great — if we moms don’t freak out and make him do it our way.
- 20 Red, White, & Blue Desserts :: Plenty of time to plan which of these you’ll make for the 4th of July!
- Shoot & Splash — Outside Activity for Kids :: Fun target practice for the kids.
- Free planner 2016 :: If you’re a planner/notebook/organization/pretty things geek like me, you might get giddy about this totally free, totally pretty planner.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- 30 Day do-anywhere fitness challenge :: I’m finishing today so I know you can do it!
- What my dad taught me :: He may be gone but his life lessons aren’t. Some of these are funny, because he was a funny guy!
right here at home
This Super-Kid was brave and so well-behaved at the ENT; he had a pesky blood vessel cauterized in his nose and did not shed one tear. The doctor was wonderful and all in all, if you asked Jem I think he’d tell you that visit was pretty fun: hanging out with mom, getting to see all the doctors cool tools (and even try out a couple!), and eating a mango-flavored lollipop on the way home.
Last weekend I gave myself a Starbucks work day and treated myself (and my Volvo) to a car wash while out doing errands. Kathryn and I have been devouring library books, and she’s working on finishing up pre-algebra so we can move on to regular ol’ Algebra next year.
I was introduced to the magic of beignets, thanks to my friend Stephanie. She’s one of my inspiringly fit friends, and we enjoyed good conversation and a delightful fried, sugary little piece of heaven. It’s a good thing that restaurant isn’t convenient to my house because ooooooooh my goodness they were yummy.