“Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
These orange daylilies are a happy birthday gift that keeps on giving. I didn’t get them for my birthday — they are hand-me-downs from a sweet neighbor who, I suspect, is likely tending a lovely garden in heaven — but they bloom on or near my birthday every year.
from around the web
- How to let your husband be a great dad :: Fathering looks different than mothering, and that’s okay. In fact, it’s great — if we moms don’t freak out and make him do it our way.
- 20 Red, White, & Blue Desserts :: Plenty of time to plan which of these you’ll make for the 4th of July!
- Shoot & Splash — Outside Activity for Kids :: Fun target practice for the kids.
- Free planner 2016 :: If you’re a planner/notebook/organization/pretty things geek like me, you might get giddy about this totally free, totally pretty planner.
on the blog (in case you missed ’em):
- 30 Day do-anywhere fitness challenge :: I’m finishing today so I know you can do it!
- What my dad taught me :: He may be gone but his life lessons aren’t. Some of these are funny, because he was a funny guy!
right here at home
This Super-Kid was brave and so well-behaved at the ENT; he had a pesky blood vessel cauterized in his nose and did not shed one tear. The doctor was wonderful and all in all, if you asked Jem I think he’d tell you that visit was pretty fun: hanging out with mom, getting to see all the doctors cool tools (and even try out a couple!), and eating a mango-flavored lollipop on the way home.
Last weekend I gave myself a Starbucks work day and treated myself (and my Volvo) to a car wash while out doing errands. Kathryn and I have been devouring library books, and she’s working on finishing up pre-algebra so we can move on to regular ol’ Algebra next year.
I was introduced to the magic of beignets, thanks to my friend Stephanie. She’s one of my inspiringly fit friends, and we enjoyed good conversation and a delightful fried, sugary little piece of heaven. It’s a good thing that restaurant isn’t convenient to my house because ooooooooh my goodness they were yummy.
Wife, mom, grandma. Introvert who finds joy in good books, sunshine, and authentic conversation. Fitness enthusiast and personal trainer. Often seen with a steaming mug of tea in hand.