Now in our 11th year of homeschooling, we currently have two students learning at home (age 7 and 16) and one (age 9) in private school. Our learning style is relaxed and interest-led, influenced by the ideas of Charlotte Mason and the model of Leadership Education. This means, in part, that we enjoy good literature, nature study, and real-world learning.
What this looks like at the moment: 2016/17 Homeschool Plans.
Several books have most influenced my homeschool philosophy over the years:
- A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola
- Leadership Education: The Phases of Learning by Oliver and Rachel DeMille
- Gifted: Raising Children Intentionally by Chris Davis
I highly recommend all of the above!
The school room:
In our much smaller new home, we don’t have the space or storage as before, but it works just fine. We play outside, read on the sofa, and spread out on the dining table for written work or art time. See our simplified cottage-style homeschool room.
I’m loving our new homeschool spaces but you may enjoy touring our previous open floorplan school room, smack dab in the middle of the house.
A few of my most popular homeschool posts:
- Workbox Crate: simplified homeschooling
- Socialization is a bunch of malarkey
- Cute and Cheap Art Supply Organizer
- Prayers for Parenting and Homeschool
- Our Imperfect Homeschool
Thanks for reading,